Wednesday 31 March 2010

Blue Mosque


The session at Art Club last evening was on vignettes. This was painted from my own reference photograph taken in Oman on holiday last year. Jean and I had walked for many miles in the heat down the Corniche in Muscat and we came across this mosque just before we entered the Old Town.

The painting measures approx 35 cms by 28 cms and was painted with St Petersburg paints on Bockingford paper. While it was quite well received at Art Class today, the feeling was that something was missing to "draw us into the picture". Perhaps my memories of a wonderful day work for me.

The "Window on Watercolour" exhibition at Worthing library is approaching fast. It seems that we will have a wall approx 6 m by 2.5 m plus up to 8 paintings on the stairs. Enthusiasm does seem to be mounting, which is great as we will need at least 20 paintings to make this work.
My commitments so far are Coloured Glass on Windowsill, On the Eggs and Cynthia.

No comments: